WYLD TECHNOTE 073: Installing Symphony Workflows on Staff WorkstationsUpdated 11/23/2011
jump to instructions for uninstalling Workflows at the end of this technote
Note: for a detailed discussion of permissions needed for proper installation of Workflows, see this document (password required, contact WYLD Support)
Step 1: Get the program software
The Symphony Workflows software is available from the WILL FTP site. You will want to use Chrome or Firefox as IE will not display the page.
- CLICK HERE (user name and password required) to save the file to your PC. or follow the directions below to use FTP to transfer the file.
- Connect to will.state.wy.us using WS_FTP or other FTP program
- request the username and password from the WYLD office
- Once logged in, for the Java client, change to the "wf3413" directory, find the file named 'fupd_jwf.exe' and transfer it binary to a temporary directory on your PC.
Step 2: Install the program
- If you have downloaded the file to your desktop, double click to launch the installer
- Otherwise, go to the START button and select RUN
- Browse to find the file.
- Double click on the file name to launch the installer.
Accept the license agreement and default locations for program installation.
Step 3: Configuring Workflows
Once you have finished the installation process, you will have a Workflows icon on your desktop. When you click on this icon to launch the program for the first time, you will need to provide the IP address for the WYLD server.
The IP address is 188.8.131.52
Make sure to also check the box that says 'always show this screen on startup'. If you have not checked this box and have made a mistake in the address, it is difficult to retrieve this configuration screen to make changes. Refer to the example below:
|Fig 1 - Workflows configuration menu|
After you click 'OK' on the configuration menu, you will be prompted to enter a username and password to log in. If you are not sure of your username and password, please contact the WYLD Office.
|Fig 2 - Workflows login|
The program can take several minutes to launch the first time as the client software retrieves files from the WYLD server. As long as the hourglass icon appears on your screen, do not click elsewhere on the desktop. When workflows has finished loading you will see a screen similar to Figure 3.
Fig 3 - Workflows toolbar
Uninstalling Workflows: use the Windows Add/Remove programs feature:
> Control Panel
> Add/Remove Programs
> Select the Workflows program
> Go to your Windows Explorer and remove the Sirsi directory from your list of programs
> Empty the workstation's recycle bin after this process.
> Install a new copy of the Workflows program following the above directions.