technotes & documentation
ILS users group
wyoming state library > wyld technical support > members > committees > training > skills checklists
SKILLS: Reserves Skills Checklist
- Know the General Skills and be signed up for the appropriate distribution list (http://will.state.wy.us/wyld/email/).
- Charge and discharge reserve material.
- Change due date.
- Renew reserve material.
- Handle fines.
- Understand how reserve materials are displayed in the WYLDCAT interface.
- Search reserve room feature in WYLDCAT.
- Know how to access context sensitive online helps.
- Know when to contact the WYLD Office when other helps don't help.
- Understand basic function of reserve room wizards.
- Verify reserve desk session settings, library specific.
- Set the Checkout wizard properties to allow reserve material(s) charges.
- Understand reserve room status relationships, individual instructor/course records and reserve copy statuses.
- Create, edit and remove course information, instructor and reserve control record records.
- Create, maintain and remove temporary MARC bibliographic records for reserve desk and electronic reserve desk materials.
- Create, edit and link reserve item records.
- Understand how circ rules govern loan periods and fines for reserve materials.
- Change existing MARC bibliographic records to reserve status and return to regular circulation status when Reserve is no longer required.
- Recognize institution circ rules and correctly apply them to Reserve item(s).
- Utilize reports to update reserve information and statuses.
- Run usage and information reports and notices.
- Understand and manage reports using Reports Skills Checklist.
- Understand and manage reports using Director's Station Skills Checklist.
- Know how to use the SirsiDynix customer resources via the SD Support Center. Contact the WYLD Office for access.