online quality homepage
| network members homepage
Online Quality Committee
Wednesday, January 16th, 2008, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Call to Order
- Roll call
- Present - Beth Floyd, Kristy Hardtke, Kay Carlson, Susan Stanton, Cindy
Moore, Martha Hanscom, Desiree Saunders, Bobbi Thorpe, Libby Harlin as
- Absent – Nancy Jennings – excused, Stephen Sarazin.
- Changes or additions to the agenda, approve agenda and minutes from last
meeting, Nov. 28, 2007
- No changes or additions to the agenda.
- Beth changed the date of the meeting from 2007 to 2008 on the agenda.
- No changes to the minutes, minutes approved.
- Discuss the upcoming additions to the MARC records to WYLD (Opposing
Viewpoints and Oxford Reference databases)
- Des discussed upcoming changes. Literature Resource Center Most Used Author records were added in July, about
556 records. There was a request from the community colleges to add 161
Oxford Reference database records. There was discussion on whether the
libraries should try and coordinate when they move to their proxy servers. Kristy
said she would get a date for CWC’s move to the proxy server so that can be
coordinated with other college libraries if possible.
- Update on status of Authority Processing project
- Bobbi stated that the contracts and the project has been approved and the time
frame will depend on when the vendor is available. She will make an
announcement when the project is ready.
- Update on status of revision of Database Guidelines
- Bobbi stated there was not any new information on this project.
- No announcements.
- There was discussion about the Java client and the web based client, Rome.
Rome has changed to Symphony and is targeted to K-12, there is a possibility
that the web based client will be upgraded to a higher level.
- Schedule next meeting
- meeting scheduled for Wednesday, March 5th, 2008, at 11:00 am.