online quality homepage
| network members homepage
Online Quality Committee
Wednesday, October 4th, 2006, 10:00 a.m – 10:30 a.m
- Call to Order
- Roll call
- All members were present. Des and Bobbi represented WSL/WYLD.
- A guest, Linda Nousianen from Teton was present.
- Select Recorder
- Libby Harlin, Cataloging Technician, Casper College will serve as recorder.
- Changes or additions to the agenda
- No changes were made.
- Request to add location [STAFF]
- Request for a new Staff, shadowed, holdable location to be added
- Linda Nousianen, Teton county, requested that a new Staff location that can be shadowed be added. The current location of Admin is not shadowed so items still show up and even though they say 'can't circ' patrons still request these items.
- Des said it is not possible to change the shadowing status of a location. A new one can be created with minimal effort.
- Karling moved to create Staff as a shadowed location, Beth seconded the motion, motion carried unanimously.
- eAudiobooks service
- Des will set up a demo and will let us know when the records are loaded.
- Issue tabled until next month.
- Item types and item categories
- Beth asked for recommendations about merging the juvenile item types.
- Des pointed out that JUVCD and JUVDVD are fairly new item types
which were created for SWTR library because they did not fine for
these item types. SWTR since has gone fine free but other libraries
have started using these item types. Des suggested JUVDVD be
looked at first because the libraries that are using this item type are
circulating these items the same as they do regular DVDs.
- Des asked if the committee wanted to approach consolidating item
types at all. Susan said her library has changed their policies and
suggested that other libraries may have changed their policies also.
- Beth will send out an email and direct them to the site so they can
comment on a form about the 4 item types – JUVCASS, JUVCD,
JUVDVD and JUVVIDEO.
- Karling moved, Mary Jane seconded the motion.
- New business
- Susan inquired about a website for the eAudiobooks that would list the new titles.
Des will send out an email for the web address.
- Des announced that there will be a trial of a service called my library tv
which provides downloadable television programs statewide, such as
cooking shows, how to shows. It is produced by the company that does recorded books.
- Schedule next meeting
- The next meeting will be Wednesday, November 1st at 10 AM.