online quality homepage
| network members homepage
Online Quality Committee
February 26, 2009, 11:00 am – 11:45 am
- Call to Order
- Roll call
- Present - Present - Beth Floyd, Kristy Hardtke, Kay Carlson, Nancy Jennings, Susan Stanton, Stephen Sarazin, Martha Hanscom, Des Saunders, Bobbi Thorpe.
- Absent - Absent – Cindy Moor
- Changes or additions to the agenda, approve agenda and minutes from last meeting, Jan. 15, 2009
- No changes requested. Kay moved to approve minutes, minutes were approved unanimously. Agenda approved unanimously. Members agreed to use the printout of item type combination recommendations sent via e-mail by Beth (which she drew up from the combined suggestions of members sent via e-mail over the last month) to review agenda item IV.
- Discuss the grouping item types for advanced searches
These groupings will show both what items will be grouped in combined searches and what combined-search name be displayed in the drop-down menu in iBistro, which
will be upgraded as of March 2. After discussion the committee agreed to these combined groupings:
- Search name: Audio
Item types combined: AUDIOCASS or BOOKONTAPE or CDBOOK or CDMUSIC or JUVCASS or JUVCD or MP3 or MUSIC.
- Search name: Books – multiple types
Item types combined: BOOK or BOOKMEDIA or PAPERBACK or LEASEDBOOK or NEW-BOOK or REF-BOOK or HOLIDAYBK or LARGEPRINT or JUVBOOK or JUVPPBK or NEWJUVBOOK or YABOOK
- Search name: Comic book or graphic novel
Item types combined: COMICBOOK or BOOKONTAPE or GRAPHICNVL
- Search name: DVD or Video
Item types combined: DVD or DVD2 or JUVDVD or VIDEO or VIDEO2 or JUV-VIDEO
- Search name: MUSIC
Item types combined: MUSIC or CDMUSIC or PRINTMUSIC
- New stuff – the group agreed not to combine items in this category
- Search name: Periodical or boundper
Item types combined: PERIODICAL or BOUNPER or JUVMAG or YAMAG
- Search name: Video or Video2 and DVD or DVD2
Item types combined: VIDEO or VIDEO2 and DVD or DVD2
- Discuss location type in advanced search
- Beth noted that the option to limit searches by location was not available in all libraries under the advanced search option. Des explained that it is not automatically added but that individual libraries could choose to have that search option added and limit the drop-down menu options to locations actually used in their libraries, noting she had done this in Natrona County at their request. Susan said Natrona was pleased to have this search option and found it helpful.
- Announcements & Comments
- Announcements – none.
- Comments -- Susan had a question about how the “Get notices texted to my cell phone” option on the updated iBistro would work. Since Des left the meeting early Susan said she would e-mail her question.
- Schedule next meeting
- The committee unanimously agreed to set the next meeting for Thursday, March 26 at 11 a.m. Beth said there are no items on the agenda for that meeting, and members should send any action items to her. She said the meeting would be cancelled if no agenda items were sent, but that the committee would have to meet in April to prepare for the WYLD annual meeting in June.