FEES / BUDGET COMMITTEE ANNUAL REPORT
The Committee’s objectives and goals were to:
- Review the current budget, expenditure requirements and income of the WYLD Network and propose a fee structure to network members and allow members to comment.
- After comment period, recommend a fee structure to the network Governing Board.
At its first meeting, Joe French explained the base and overhead fee structure currently in use. The current algorithm was reviewed and found to be reasonable and equitable. There have been few questions or suggestions from WyLD members over the past biennium. Based on this, the Committee unanimously chose to employ the same approach in the upcoming biennium. Due to significant carryover funds, the Network Budget fee was reduced accordingly. Joe French developed the detailed spreadsheets and the Committee distributed the details on 31 March 06 to all WyLD agency heads for comment.
The only substantive input received during the comment period related to the Crook County Public Library’s Hulett Branch and the Hulett School. A combined library had been in operation and the spreadsheet of charges was prepared assuming that the arrangement would be the same. However, the Public and School Libraries separated in late 2005 and the fees for each were adjusted based on their respective holdings. The charge for circulation was waived until statistics become available in late 2006. The scope of this circulation fee is approximately $100.
The revised proposed fee structure was presented to WyLD Governing Board on 9 May 2006.
Other matters of discussion:
- The next Fee Committee process should begin in the fall of 2007 so that Directors have WyLD fees earlier in their respective budget cycles.
- The next Fee Committee should look into the possibility of distributing costs based on Sirsi Headquarter and Branch fee charges. This Sirsi billing technique is still in development and may have application in WyLD.
- The WyLD Office also recommended the next Fee Committee consider the way that SIP2 interface costs are levied/distributed/billed.
The Chair wishes to thank the following members of the Committee for their participation:
Region 1 – Debra Adams
Region 2 – Susan Richards
Region 3 – Sally Hoover
Region 5 – Scott Kinney
Region 6 – Vicki Hitchcock
Dale Collum, WyLD President (ex-officio)