GOVERNANCE & BYLAWS COMMITTEE REPORT
WYLD ANNUAL MEETING
MAY 20, 2005
- Lucie Osborn, Chair (2005) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan Simpson (2005) - email@example.com
- Brian Greene (2006) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michelle DeSalvo (2006) - email@example.com
- Jerry Krois - WSL liaison -
The one item that remained from the approval of by-law changes last year had to do with elections. We asked the State Library to investigate for us the possibility of doing elections via electronic means. The report back was that there are significant costs involved as well as someone's time to put everything in place including verification of votes to insure the integrity of the election.
At this time proposing a change to the by-laws to accommodate electronic voting is not going to happen. The next committee should look at the election parts of the by-laws to see if other changes might be necessary or desirable.