WYLDCAT Members Technical Support
WYLD is currently on SirsiDynix Symphony version 22.214.171.124
These requirements are for machines which will only be running Symphony WorkFlows. If you plan to use additional software on them, you should plan for additional speed and memory accordingly.
|Release||OS/Platform 4||Processor||RAM 1,2||Disk Space for Client||Monitor Resolution||Notes|
|Symphony 126.96.36.199||Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 8 or 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit) 5,6 or Mac OS X (10.6 or higher on Intel 3)||Minimum: 800 MHz Suggested: 1Ghz
64-bit only for MAC
|100MB||1024 x 768 or better||A widescreen monitor of 20" or greater is recommended for optimal use of the Workflows Client.
If using a smaller monitor, using Workflows with the 'classic theme' is recommended.
|Windows Vista, Windows 7||Minimum: 800 MHz
32-bit only for Windows (local testing shows 64 bit Windows 7 will also work)
|100MB||1024 x 768 or better|
- On workstations running the WorkFlows staff client, SirsiDynix recommends setting the virtual memory association to equal twice the amount of physical memory, at minimum. Please work with your PC administrator to check the virtual memory setting on each workstation running the WorkFlows staff client, and increase the memory if necessary
- On workstations running the WorkFlows client that will simultaneously run any additional applications including a browser, SirsiDynix strongly suggests that the workstation be configured with at least 1GB of RAM. Regardless of actual workstation memory configuration, please ensure that the WorkFlows client will consistently have 512 mbytes of available memory on the workstation.
- Macintosh users wanting to use SirsiDynix Symphony 3.5 and later must run OS X 10.6 or higher. Macintosh users wanting to use SirsiDynix Symphony 3.3.x or 3.4.x can run OS X 10.5.2 or higher. A 64 bit machine with Dual Core is required. For version 3.5, Macintosh clients require Java 1.7; for versions 3.3 and 3.4, Macintosh clients require Java 1.6.
- WorkFlows staff client requirements do not affect OPAC stations, which will continue to require a browser only.
- WorkFlows client support on Windows 8 began with the SirsiDynix Symphony 3.4.1 Service Pack 4 release. Windows 8.1 is currently only supported for use with the WorkFlows client for SirsiDynix Symphony 3.5.
- WorkFlows is not supported on any versions of Windows 8 RT.
- Microsoft ceased to support Windows XP on April 8th, 2014. While the WorkFlows client for the identified versions of SirsiDynix Symphony can run properly on Windows XP, SirsiDynix recommends running the WorkFlows client on a later version of Windows for sites using Windows workstations.
Last updated 08/2016