Data collection for the FY14 Wyoming Public Library Annual Report is open through Nov. 14, 2014. (See prior years' reports here.)
Your user name and password has been sent to you by email through the LibPAS system. If you did not receive it, or if you have any questions, please
contact Susan Mark by email or at 307-777-5915.
Log into LibPAS
Once logged in, click on "Data Entry," then use the dropdown menu to select "Public Library Statistics"
LibPAS has tool tips for some items, if you hover your cursor over the data element name. Click on the number to see any definitions.
Public Library Statistics Cooperative (PLSC) data element definitions
Changes to the FY14 survey
An explanation of changes to the federal data elements may be found on the PLSC wiki. A breakdown on how this affects you:
Directors Station Reports
- Addition: 652 Wireless Sessions - Annually
This is a new addition to the survey. Please report the number of wireless sessions provided by the library wireless service annually.
- Revision: 502 Reference Transactions
Nothing has actually changed on this item. The definition has been expanded to clarify what counts as a reference question and what does not.
July 1, 2014 reports (XLSX) from Directors Station on holdings and juvenile circulation for FY14
that may be helpful in completing the annual report.
To run additional reports, log into Directors Station.
Assistance and password information is available from the WYLD office.
Please direct questions to Susan Mark, Wyoming State Library statistics librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org, 307-777-5915. Questions and answers may be posted here as they are received.
- Circulation should be reported only for items that leave the building, not in-library use.
For this reason, in the spreadsheet provided, Use Item has been subtracted from children's circulation.
Children's circulation on the spreadsheet was determined using Item Category 2 - Juvenile in Directors' Station.
If the children's circulation total in the spreadsheet does not accurately reflect the children's circulation in your library, please use your own figures.
- Your total WYLD circulation has been pre-filled with Use Item already subtracted. A separate line is provided for non-WYLD circulation Non-WYLD circulation would include
any physical items you count but do not actually run through Workflows. Do not include e-circulation in the non-WYLD circulation line.
- For this report, we want actual dollars received and spent for the year. On operating income, regardless of how these may be accounted for in your official budget, do not report:
- Any pass-through funds, such as Library Endowment Challenge Payments that go to your Foundation.
- The value of any in-kind donations of goods or services
- Funds for capital projects, such as building additions (see definition) Capital revenue is reported separately, by source of funding, under quesetion 20.
- Carryover funds
- Report funding by its original source. Eg.: if it's a federal grant, and your county distributes it to you, it is still considered federal funding.
- Capital revenue and capital expenditures do not need to match
- Employee benefits include payroll taxes paid by the library, not just health insurance, retirement, etc.
- Please include Hein Online (if applicable), Mango Languages and Reference USA under
Local and Other Licensed Databases