Wyoming State Library Programs for State Institutions
- Wait! Don't get rid of that... A profile of needs and guide to giving library material to the Wyoming State Institution Libraries
- This guide contains contact information and brief descriptions of the 13 Wyoming State Institution Libraries.
It lists each library's equipment/circulating material needs and wants by institution, type of material, and genre.
- Wyoming Institution Library Directors' Handbook
The Wyoming Institution Library Directors' Handbook contains all of the information listed on this website as well as information on collection development,
weeding a library collection, cataloging library material, using the statewide databases, and intellectual freedom.
- Library Services and Technology Act Stipends for Institution Libraries
- The Wyoming State Library provides yearly LSTA grants to purchase reading material for the residents and incarcerated of the 13 state institutions.
Grants are awarded each January. For current year award information or account balance, contact Susan Mark at
email@example.com or 307-777-6330.
- Carol McMurry Library Endowment grants
The Carol McMurry Library Endowment was established in 2000 within the Wyoming Community Foundation to provide support to Wyoming librarians
and publicly accessible Wyoming libraries in three areas: Education & Training (Library and Individual); Library Resources; and Library Foundation Development
- Free ebook resources PDF
- Free eBooks you can use Offline: video tutorial available from YouTube
or from the WSL site
GoWYLD eContent: ebooks, downloadable audiobooks and digital magazines
- High Interest, Low Literacy booklists
- Free or low-cost integrated library systems
- Wyoming State Library: 2009 Institution Library Managers Workshop
Resources and links from the Institution Library Managers Workshop held in Laramie Sept. 30, 2009.
- Wyoming State Library Central Acquisitions Program
- This program allows Wyoming libraries and institutions to save money through centralized bulk ordering of library materials.
Discounts range between 10 and 15% depending on the vender. Invoices are paid by the Central Acquisitions Office and all
items are shipped directly to the purchasing entity.
- State Library Planning Calendar
- This online calendar lists upcoming training events, programs, and seminars on library and information management
related topics occurring throughout the state, as well as links to outside training resources
- Continuing Education Grants
- Check these funding sources for possible grants if you are looking at training events, library science courses, or
library related workshops to improve your knowledge and level of service. Support is available to those working in
a library for graduate coursework, library/media endorsement, technology training, library workshops and other
library events. Each granting source has different criteria, deadlines, and requirements.
Association membership may be required for some.
- Access to Statewide Databases
- Databases can be accessed through the GoWYLD.net database portal.
For help, see Access to GoWYLD Resources
State Institution Libraries Contact Information
Veterans' Home of Wyoming
Wyoming Boy's School Library
Wyoming Girls' School Library
Wyoming Honor Conservation Camp
Wyoming Honor Farm Library
Wyoming Life Resource Center
Wyoming Medium Correctional Institution
Wyoming Pioneer Home Library
Wyoming Retirement Center
Wyoming Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Wyoming State Hospital Resource Center
Wyoming State Penitentiary Library
Wyoming Women's Center
State Library Contact Information
Questions, comments, or concerns about the Wyoming State Library's programs for state institutions should be addressed to:
- Thomas Ivie
- Research & Statistics Librarian
- Wyoming State Library
- 2800 Central Ave.
- Cheyenne, WY 82002
- (307) 777-6330
Contact information for other Wyoming State Library staff is available